Meet your Orlando City Soccer Foundation Board Members

Kay Rawlins.jpg

Kay Rawlins- Board Chairperson

I have been involved in soccer since the early days of playing it with my brother and his mates to being a season ticket holder at Stoke City to then starting the Club that is now Orlando City. I feel very passionately that we should all make an effort to make the community in which we live a better place for everyone. Orlando City is fortunate to have a wonderful group of young men who give up their time and talent off the field to be role models to the children and families in Central Florida, demonstrating why exercise and healthy eating are so important. The Foundation will help move this effort forward and make an even bigger impact, joining forces with other organizations to deliver the message far and wide. I am beyond excited at possibilities that are in the future of both the Club and the Foundation.

Sheridan Smith.jpg

Sheridan Smith-Board Secretary

I was introduced to soccer in 1994 when my mother worked for FIFA when some of the World Cup matches were held at the Citrus Bowl in downtown Orlando. I was able to meet many of the FIFA employees and watch the games from the press box and the field. I still have my id badge and boxes of memorabilia from the games in Orlando.

I by chance met Phil and Kay Rawlins at an Orlando Business Journal event when they first got to Orlando and have been friends ever since. My son and I have volunteered for the team since their first season. Currently my husband and both of my younger children play soccer weekly so it’s a huge part of my daily life. There is always a minimum of three soccer balls in my living room at any given time.

My day job is managing BKHM CPAs, a firm located conveniently across the street from the Orlando City Soccer offices. I am the IT/Marketing and Office Manager for the firm and have been with them since 2003. I have really enjoyed all of my involvement with the club and the Foundation and look forward to many years of promoting and seeing them get to the MLS – Go City!

KirkChin_headshot.jpg

Kirk Chin

Football is my passion. Helping my community is a civic duty I enjoy. I first blended the two way back in 1980 with football clubs in my hometown of Kingston, Jamaica. When I was asked by Kay Rawlins to join the Orlando City Foundation, it was an automatic YES. A perfect way to combine my football, my community and my Club!!

Providing playing opportunities for kids who cannot afford the elite game is my specific dream. I dream of finding inner city kids who will go on to be not only great players, but also great contributors to their communities. One of the greatest achievements in my life was helping to get US College Scholarships for 22 Jamaican footballers from 1982-1986. Today, they are outstanding men in their respective communities.

Naome Bradshaw.jpg

Naome Bradshaw

I got involved with The Orlando City Soccer Foundation, through Kay Rawlins. We met when I sang the national anthem for Orlando City Soccer at The Citrus Bowl on several occasions. I was new to the game itself, but each time I attended a Lions match, I became a bigger fan of OCS! In the process, I had many conversations with Kay about her efforts to help our community and realized we share the same passion for helping others.

I was delighted when I was invited to join the Foundation. I take this as a challenge, to learn more about the game of soccer, my community and, about myself. There are many exciting events planned throughout the year and I hope for record attendance and participation! I hope to surpass our wildest expectations and touch as many of lives as possible in the process.

Jennifer Cruise.jpg

Jennifer Cruise

As a former soccer player, a long-standing soccer mom and 10 years as a team manager, I was feeling a bit wistful as my soccer player headed off to college. Additionally, I was most definitely looking for something to which I could apply my love of soccer and my years of business and non-profit fundraising experience. It was very fortunate when Naome Bradshaw introduced me to Kay Rawlins, who asked that I join the Orlando City Soccer Foundation (OCSF).

OCSF has the potential to provide two critical touchstones for the Central Florida area: 1.) Provide positive sports experiences to underprivileged youth and financially assist talented young soccer players achieve their potential; and 2.) Help strengthen the bridge between the Orlando City Soccer professional team, its players, and the community which they now represent.

Maury Loscher.jpg

Maury Loscher

I grew up in England in the 70’s in the Football (soccer in the USA) culture. To see my team Arsenal play on a Saturday always filled me with excitement. To bring that excitement to Orlando was too good to miss. No one should underestimate the power that Soccer can play in this world. It is a fact that on the morning of December 25th, 1914, during WW1 soldiers set their rifles aside, took off their helmets, and played the game. Much has been said about the ability of sport to unite even the most bitter of enemies.

The goals of OCSC Foundation may not be as lofty but I am confident that by passing on the values of teamwork and fair play we will play an integral part in the development of every child in this community. The fact is when you see kids running around with a ball at their feet you cannot help but smile.

Valerie Svantesson.jpg

Valerie Svantesson

Being brought up in a very athletic and active family, sports have been a huge part of my upbringing. My brothers played soccer and my son started playing at the age of four. I have always loved the game of soccer and have seen its rapid growth here in the US. Having spent a great deal of time in Europe and seeing the passion for the game there, it is very exciting to see that passion developing in our country today.

I knew I wanted to get involved with the Orlando City Franchise in some capacity. When I found out my fellow “soccer mom” Jennifer was involved with the Foundation I asked for more information and she contacted Kay and set up a meeting. I immediately knew it was a good fit as soon as we met. Although my husband and I met through the sport of tennis and that is our business today, soccer is just in my blood.

The Foundation is involved in so many projects in our community that I feel strongly about. I am very excited to be a part of this great group of people and make a difference in people’s lives through the game of soccer. 

Stephen Dinon.jpg

Stephen Dinon

I believe that Orlando City Soccer is going to make Central Florida a better place for all residents regardless of their passion for soccer. The Foundation is one of the key ways Orlando City Soccer will impact the community for the better.

The Foundation is becoming involved in several endeavors in the Central Florida community that I feel passionate about. I am looking forward to being a part of this Foundation and making a difference in people’s lives through the sport of soccer.

Erin Freeman 

Soccer became an in-law of mine when I married my English husband in 2005. He played his entire life, including two years with the Orlando Lions, in the early 1990’s. I’ve adopted my husbands’ appreciation for the sport and we encourage our three boys to play as well.

We had the pleasure of meeting Orlando City President Phil Rawlins and Foundation Chair Kay Rawlins at a game and became quick friends. Having a background in Marketing, Public Relations and non-profit fundraising, I am always looking for opportunities to help use my skills to better the community that I live in.

My professional career took a backseat to my less professional career of raising our 3 children in 2006. Prior to that I worked in advertising and corporate marketing with restaurant brands, AT&T, and multiple travel partners developing online and traditional marketing campaigns on a national and international level. I’ve volunteered my time since 2006 to help keep my skills sharp while giving back where I could help. I find my best ideas come during long runs as I continue to train for my next marathon. I look forward to working with this impressive group of people and the Orlando City Foundation.

Ryan McIntosh

As a former UCF Soccer (‘01-‘05) and Central Florida Kraze (’04-’05) player, I have received overwhelming support from the Central Florida soccer community. I was fortunate enough to have continued my soccer career professionally playing for DC United (’06) in Major League Soccer and the Atlanta Silverbacks (’07-’08). After recently moving back to Orlando, I was looking for an opportunity to get back involved with the community and was able to meet with Sheridan Smith and Kay Rawlins to learn more about the Orlando City Foundation.

I assumed I was going to be more interested in hearing about the team and the Club’s plans for the MLS, but I was struck by their passion and humanitarianism as they explained the mission of the Foundation and the plans to support local charities. Throughout my playing days I have seen many kids cheering when my team scored a goal or I made a save, but the biggest smiles I’ve seen on kids faces was when I participated in player appearances on behalf of non-profit organizations. I look forward to working with everyone involved with this Foundation and help make Orlando City not only a great soccer club, but also a pillar of the community.

Edward Combs

I hail from the seat of American soccer, West Virginia. In college, I was lucky enough to be surrounded by some of the most talented players and the passion has stuck with me through the years.

I am a local attorney who has been looking for an avenue to help contribute back to the Orlando community. Like many others, I was fortunate enough to meet Kay Rawlins and learn about the tremendous work the Foundation has done and continues to do in Orlando. I grew up in an economically distressed area and have seen first hand the difference that can be made by the actions of individuals. As a lifelong soccer fan and an 11-year veteran of being a “Soccer Dad” to my 3 children, joining the Orlando City Foundation was a natural fit. I look forward, with fervent anticipation, to witnessing the lasting effects that the few can have on the many!

Anthony Land

Rarely in life do we have the opportunity to be present at the genesis of something monumental, such as the birth of a Major League Soccer (MLS) club. The Orlando City Soccer Foundation is still in its infancy but already it is making visible and tangible differences in the lives of many people in our community.

Whether it is simply providing a soccer ball to young people so that they have the opportunity to participate in a game of soccer where they can learn many life skills or something on a larger scale, such as providing a new commercial freezer to a community center to supply people with fresh fruits and vegetables. I have been an avid sports fan all of my life, but the pride and ownership that I feel for Orlando City far exceeds anything I have ever experienced.

My business career has given me the opportunity to drive successes in the daily operations of growing an organization and to participate in community outreach. By far, my greatest personal rewards have been realized through helping others. Over the past three years, I have seen this club grow exponentially. This organization has been successful on and off of the pitch. The organization is filled with amazing people at all levels. I was fortunate enough to meet Phil and Kay Rawlins at a charity reception and soon thereafter I met again with her and Becca Thomas. As they elaborated about the Foundation and its mission, goals and objectives, I could feel their passion and I knew instantly this Foundation was an organization I wanted to be involved with. Through the game of soccer I know this Foundation and Orlando City SC are both going to improve the lives of countless people in our community and I am excited to be a small part of that journey.

Kyle McCully

I am originally a Michigander. Ask me where I am from and I will show you on my hand. I can never get enough tennis, golf, or soccer. My cultural passions are wine, great restaurants, and German cars. I love community philanthropy .I live, work, and play in the city of Maitland and truly believe it is one of the best cities to live in throughout the United States.

2015 Season Ticket ad

Teams GP Pts
Orlando City SC 28 62
Sacramento Republic FC 28 55
LA Galaxy II 28 51
Richmond Kickers 28 51
Charleston Battery 28 41